Reasons for Seek(..) not returning immediately?

Ralph ralph.gucwa at racelogic.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 04:25:02 PST 2013

I'm still struggling with this problem.  I reduced my pipeline to:

gnlfilesource  -  gnlcomposition - fakesink

gnlfilesource opens a single XVID file.
fakesink has its sync property set to true.

I may be able to perform 2-4 seeks, but finally the application freezes when
executing this line:
libgstreamer-0.10.dll!gst_mini_object_unref(_GstMiniObject * mini_object)
Line 368 + 0x9
When it finally returns after a few minutes, everything works reliably until
I reboot.  I have two laptops on which this problems manifests, it can also
be reproduced on any VM Player virtual machine (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8).

The stack trace reported by the Visual Studio 2010 is:

The last fragment of the GStreamer log is: