Audio glitch on playback start

Ralph ralph.gucwa at racelogic.co.uk
Thu Feb 14 04:40:16 PST 2013

I'm writing a C# WPF Windows application using OSSBuild-vs2010 2012.06.15
with .NET4 C# bindings.
My pipeline looks like this:

gnlfilesource  -  gnlcomposition - autoaudiosink

When I start playing a file (usually an XVID video file), there is a very
distinct glitch in the sound.  The playback starts, the sound is played for
0.2s, this is followed by a 0.2s gap, and then the playback continues as
usual.  It always happens when changing pipeline state from Paused to
Playing.  This is very annoying to the users.

It does not depend on the machine, it is not related with any video issues
(I stripped down the pipeline to have just the audio elements).

I have found a problem with similar symptoms  THERE
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/audio-drops-out-in-PAUSED-gt-PLAYING-td2228926.html>
, but in my case the cause is different.