gst-launch use question

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Fri Feb 15 07:52:05 PST 2013

I am trying to use gst-launch to prototype exactly what I am trying to
program in C++. I connect to an RTSP source and receive both audio and
video. That works fine. The wrinkle is that I need to package these streams
into MPEG2T and send them to another system. My C++ almost works, which
really means that it doesn't since programming is binary. The MPEGTSMUX
element allows multiple request sink pads corresponding to multiple streams
to be muxed together to transmit. How do I represent that with gst-launch?
What is the syntax? It isn't obvious (at least to me) from the gst-launch
man page.

TIA,
Chuck Crisler