Audio is skipped when network is lagging

Sergey Galanov sergey.e.galanov at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 11:00:05 PST 2013

Hi.

I am using playbin to play audio files from a network disc. Sometimes
there might happen a short (several seconds) delay in reading. In that
case audio is paused but then resumed not from the same point.
Instead, it seems to seek the duration of delay.
There are no special messages on the bus when this delay occurs. At
first I thought this is controlled by discont-wait property of
audiosink, but it doesn't seem to be the case (increasing it doesn't
have any effect).
Can this auto-seeking behaviour be turned off? I want playback just to
continue from where it paused.

Thanks,
Sergey