Beginner Using a2dpsink, avdtpsink, and rtpsbcpay

johnwesting john.blank.westing at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 15:03:58 PST 2013

I doubt this is a GStreamer problem. After looking at the BlueZ code very
very briefly and thinking about it, I am guessing the problem is that the
avdtpsink element cannot connect with a remote device  because it does not
know the SBC (audio/x-sbc) capabilities of the rtpsbcpay element. It needs
those capabilities to negotiate the capabilities with the remote device.
When the a2dpsink element is used the avdtpsink element is aware of the SBC
capabilities and uses them for capabilities negotiation. Don't quote me on
this, taking a shot in the dark.