GStreamerSDK Building from source using Cerbero

pfarmer flacone at gmx.de
Fri Feb 22 05:17:27 PST 2013

Thanks for your efforts.

Unfortunately i still could not managed to compile the gstreamer-sdk. To be
honest I mixed up some things here with the Windows versions because i was
using a Windows 7 32bit system and a Windows 7 64bit system. On both i
wanted to compile to the same. I could not get it to work on either machine.
I tried to to it from scratch on the 32bit machine with:
$ cerbero wipe
$ cerbero bootstrap (not sure if this is necessary though)
$ cerbero package gstreamer-sdk
Now with the config file "C:\MinGW\ ... \home\xxxxxxx\.cerbero\cerbero.cbc
    from cerbero.config import Architecture

    prefix='c:/gstreamer-sdk/0.10/x86'
    arch = Architecture.X86
    target_arch = Architecture.X86

on the 64bit machine:
$ cerbero wipe
$ cerbero bootstrap (not sure if this is necessary though)
$ cerbero package gstreamer-sdk
Now with the config file "C:\MinGW\ ... \home\xxxxxxx\.cerbero\cerbero.cbc
    from cerbero.config import Architecture

    prefix='c:/gstreamer-sdk/0.10/x86_64'
    arch = Architecture.X86_64
    target_arch = Architecture.X86_64

I tried to install the 64bit versions of the dependent programs (like
python) on that machine.

The compiling took again a lot of hours. Strangely the .../dist/ directory
remained empty. I have difficulties to find which config's are used and what
they mean. There are the config files:
 $HOME/.cerbero/cerbero.cbc
 some *.config's at $HOME/cerbero/config
 some *cbc's at $HOME/cerbero/config
Are the latter one used by default? Or are they there as examples?

The only documentation resources if have:
http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Multiplatform+deployment+using+Cerbero
http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Building+from+source+using+Cerbero
And the "detailed comments" of the example configuration file
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/gstreamer-sdk/cerbero.cbc.template