vp8enc : Failed to initialize encoder

Saurabh Sabnis sausab at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 18:18:29 PST 2013

Hi,

I have a pipeline that reads rtp stream, does some processing on it and
sends it back on the network. Currently I have not written code for actual
video manipulation, so I am only trying to read it and send it out without
any processing.

It looks like this:
udpsrc -> rtpvp8depay -> vp8dec -> vp8enc -> rtpvp8pay -> udpsink

I am getting the following error after launching this pipeline.

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstVP8Enc:vp8enc0: Failed to
initialize encoder
Additional debug info:
gstvp8enc.c(795): gst_vp8_enc_set_format (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/
GstVP8Enc:vp8enc0:
invalid parameter

First of all, is this a valid pipeline? Can I have vp8enc element
immediately after vp8dec?
If yes, does anyone know what is the cause for this error?

Thanks and regards,
--
*Saurabh Sabnis*
*Graduate Student*