Playin can nnot link decoder

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 04:44:38 PST 2013

On Thu, 2013-02-28 at 11:51 +0800, Mohammad-AL.Gmail wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I using a decoder designed by our supplier.
> Gst-inspect lists the decoder
> Gst-launch filesrc can playback the media file
> But gst-launch -v playbin2 uri    approach can not play the file
> Looking at the dot file I find the decoder is not added to the deodebin2.
>
> What could be the reason / possible reasons for this difference of
> behaviors?

Look at the output of gst-inspect $your_decoder

Check the Rank, it needs to be >64

Check the sink pad template caps, compare them with other decoders that
work on the desktop.

Check the element factory "Klass" tags, compare them with other decoders
that work on the desktop (should contain "Decoder" and probably "Audio"
or "Video").

Cheers
 -Tim