gst-streaming-server stalls

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Tue Jan 8 09:33:31 PST 2013

To capture the stream traffic while playing you should insert a 'T' into
the pipeline with one branch doing the display and the other writing to a
file. Here is an example from Atish Nasar:

Here's an example:

gst-launch filesrc location=source.file ! tee name=tp \
tp. ! queue ! filesink location=destination1.file \
tp. ! queue ! filesink location=destination2.file

The queues are to prevent deadlocking.

Insert the 'T' at the appropriate place in your pipeline.