RELEASE: GStreamer Core and Plugins 1.0.5

Angelica Perduta rsperduta at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 14:39:54 PST 2013

> That looks like your GLib might be too old. Are you using GLib >= 2.32 ?

Thanks Tim, well spotted :o)

I am using the GLib that comes bundled with the latest supported
version of Gtk+ (because I'm also using Gtk+ in my own project) and
that is apparently still only version 2.28.8.

Note: I downloaded glib-2.34.0 and am trying to build that atm, but it
has run into a range of problems... like not finding zlib1d.lib which
doesn't seem to be part of zlib. I'm not sure about advancing some
libraries past their latest supported release in GTK+.