Pipeline state is stuck.

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 13:33:38 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Tim-Philipp Müller <t.i.m at zen.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-01-10 at 20:50 +0000, Tim-Philipp Müller wrote:
>
>> I think xvimagesink should not fail the downward state transition in the
>> first place. (In general, it is extremely unusualy of any element ever
>> doing this. No application in the world will handle that correctly.. not
>> even GStreamer core itself might).
>
> Nevermind that, that's not actually what you say is happening, is it?
>
> But that it fails in the upward state transition and then when you set
> it back that doesn't work right.

Close. It never transitions out of NULL, but the REST of the pipeline
transitions to PAUSED. Then any attempt to make the pipeline enter
NULL involves trying to get xvimagesink into READY, which can't work.

> It could also be a race in the state change apparatus.

I don't *think* so. I think its just a use case that the state-change
system completely doesn't handle.

> What GStreamer version is this with btw?

[stirling at wally ~]$ gst-inspect-1.0 --version
gst-inspect-1.0 version 1.0.3
GStreamer 1.0.3
http://download.fedoraproject.org