Does GStreamer 1.0.5 Binaries build from MINGW/MSYS be used in VS 2008 to build additional GStreamer elements.

Cruzer raja_bose2004 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jan 17 04:51:46 PST 2013

Hi,
We built Gstreamer 1.0.5 binaries using MINGW/MSYS. Using the libraries
generated from MINGW/MSYS we link then in Visual Studio 2008 to create
additional elements. Is it ok to create element in this way?

I referred the link
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/QtGStreamer/BuildingOnWindows
Which specifies

-> *All C++ libraries (Qt and QtGStreamer) must be compiled with the same
compiler.*
-> MSVC generates smaller binaries than GCC.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Bose.