How do I migrate to GStreamer 1.0.5?

Krzysztof Konopko krzysztof.konopko at youview.com
Tue Jan 22 03:21:38 PST 2013

On 22/01/13 11:06, Ian Davidson wrote:
> OK, I think I'll just have to put everything on hold until 1.0.5 appears
> in the Fedora repo.
>
> I did try as Kris had suggested.
>
> ./configure --prefix=$HOME/opt/gstreamer-1.0
>
> make -j3 install
>
> The gstreamer-core all worked fine but when I tried the same configure
> command for the plugin-base it ended up as
> checking for GIO... yes
> checking for ORC... no
> checking for GST... no
> configure: Requested 'gstreamer-1.0 >= 1.0.5' but version of GStreamer
> is 1.0.4
> configure: error: no gstreamer-1.0 >= 1.0.5 (GStreamer) found
> [ian at localhost gst-plugins-base-1.0.5]$

Did you set your environment as I suggested in my original response?
Particularly in this case you're missing:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$HOME/opt/gstreamer-1.0/lib/pkgconfig

but you also need to set other variables.  Please read my original post
where I suggest a Bash function to do it.

> As I said, I'll just have to wait.

Of course, do whatever suits you best.  I just provided you a hint (I'm
not going to support you with this) so if you feel this is too much
hassle for you than wait for the package.

Kris