How do I send an already converted flv file directly to rtmpsink

satakecode satakecode at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:04:05 PST 2013

Hi, I know how to read a file, convert it with x264enc and send it to the
rtmp server. Now the question is can I send a converted file already in the
flv and x264 format directly to the rtmp server? I don't want to cause any
unnecessary load on the server if I can convert the files before
transmission.

I'm looking for something like this:
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=ba1051bf3d_480.flv ! rtmpsink
location='rtmp://xpto.com/xpto'

That works for like 5 frames before giving the error:

"Caught SIGSEGV accessing address 0x7fb4a4021007
Spinning.  Please run 'gdb gst-launch 8854' to continue debugging, Ctrl-C to
quit, or Ctrl-\ to dump core."

Thanks for your time.
Regards.