problem in converting mp4 file to segmented .ts files

Pushkaraj Patil pushkaraj.g.patil at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 21:08:55 PST 2013

Hello

I am using following command to convert from mp4 file to segmented .ts files

gst-launch-0.10.exe filesrc location=input.mp4 ! qtdemux name=demux
demux.audio_00 ! queue ! mux. demux.video_00 ! h264parse !
video/x-h264,stream-format=byte-stream ! queue ! mux. mpegtsmux name=mux !
queue ! multifilesink next-file=key-frame location=%05d.ts

I am able to play the first clip (00000.ts) but remaining clips are not
playing independently (only audio).If I concatenate 00000.ts and 00001.ts,
it is playing fine for total amount of period.

After analyzing second stream, I found that both audio and video is present
within, but player is only playing audio. Is there any video frame
referencing present because of which video is not decoded properly? Is it
because video is not starting with IDR frames in second clip? Is there any
option in multifilesink element to generate all files in this required
fashion?