Rendering Text?

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Jan 31 09:56:01 PST 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-31 at 12:29 -0500, Stirling Westrup wrote:

> > I'm using filesrc ! "text/plain" ! textrender with 0.10 and it works fine.
>
> Interesting. I'm not having any luck at all with 1.0
>
> > Maybe try:
> > gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=text.txt ! capssetter caps="text/plain"
> > replace=true ! textrender ! xvimagesink display=':5'
> >

> Nope. Now I get the really helpful error of:
>
> ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstTextRender:textrender0:
> GStreamer error: negotiation problem.

I would suggest a:

  gst-inspect-1.0 textrender

Raw timed text is now text/x-raw,format=utf8 in 1.0

However, it is assumed to be properly chunked (one line/paragraph per
buffer) and timestamped. Just pipeline a text file into textrenderer
will not work well, since it won't know how to chunk it or timestamp it.

Cheers
 -Tim