Get Element from Pipeline - PyGI and Gstreamer 1.0

gstnewbiepants mrblotchkins at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 18:08:49 PDT 2013

Hey Guys,

I've made a pipeline with this command:

self.pipeline = Gst.parse_launch("rtpbin name=rtpbin v4l2src ! videoscale !
videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=UYVY,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1 !
videoscale ! videoconvert ! avenc_mpeg4 bitrate=1 ! rtpmp4vpay !
rtpbin.send_rtp_sink_0 rtpbin.send_rtp_src_0 ! udpsink name=udpsink_video
port=5002 host=" + ip_address + " rtpbin.send_rtcp_src_0 ! udpsink port=5003
host=" + ip_address + " sync=false async=false udpsrc port=5007 !
rtpbin.recv_rtcp_sink_0")

Now though, I need to get the Caps from the Udpsink named "udpsink_video".

In a previous post here:
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Python-3-RTP-Udpsink-and-Getting-the-Caps-tp4660776.html

I realized I needed a delay between playing the pipeline or getting the
Caps.  But now I've changed the way I've constructed the pipeline, as I'm
not using parse_launch.

So, how can I go about getting the udpsink_video element and then getting
it's caps after waiting for about three seconds for the pipeline to start?

Thanks,
Newb