Video decoder with RGB16 output format

Aldo Biziak aldobiziak at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 03:29:10 PDT 2013

Goodmorning everybody,
I'm looking for a video decoder to get a decoded output video in RGB565
format.
I tried several video decoder, but everyone provides only YUV format.

For example.:
gst-launch-0.10  filesrc location=movie.mkv ! matroskademux ! ffdec_mpeg4 !
'video/x-raw-yuv' ! fakesink

works fine, but:
gst-launch-0.10  filesrc location=movie.mkv ! matroskademux ! ffdec_mpeg4 !
'video/x-raw-rgb' ! fakesink

Give me "could not negotiate format", because ffdec_mpeg4 can't decode in
RGB.

I got the same result
using ffdec_h264, jpegdec, ffdec_vp8, ffdec_msmpeg4v2, ffdec_huffyuv.
I would like to NOT USE ffmpegcolorspace. So, what video decoder do you
suggest me?

Kind regards

Aldo