v4l2src on rtsp-server

jlancaster jeff_lancaster at msn.com
Tue Jul 9 18:02:36 PDT 2013

After more debug time, I think I am noticing some problems with the
initialization of one of my OMX elements in the top level bin of the rtsp
server.

For example the following pipeline works great from the command line:

gst-launch -e -v v4l2src device=/dev/video0 always-copy=false queue-size=8 !
'video/x-raw-yuv-strided,format=(fourcc)NV12,width=640,height=480,framerate=(fraction)30/1'
! omxbufferalloc numBuffers=8 ! omx_h264enc ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 !
gstperf ! udpsink host=192.168.0.186 port=5000

However the following pipeline is used as the top level bin in the rtsp
server:

"(v4l2src device=/dev/video0 always-copy=false queue-size=8 !
'video/x-raw-yuv-strided,format=(fourcc)NV12,width=640,height=480,framerate=(fraction)30/1'
! omxbufferalloc numBuffers=8 ! omx_h264enc ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96)"

When I run the server and pull video using VLC I do not see omxbufferalloc
initialize and set properties at all.

I am assuming I need to fix the omxbufferalloc element, but I am not clear
why it works with gst-launch and not with the rtsp server.

What are some possible reasons why an element (speaking in general terms) in
the top level bin in the rtsp server not initialize but runs fine using
gst-launch?

-----
Jeff Lancaster