Dial with grow audio files.

Vassili Gontcharov v.gontcharov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 05:43:09 PDT 2013

I'm sorry  Tim

I made a http serveur to http streaming , python ans pygst used.

Server converts a wav file to mp3 format with gst-launch, as python
subprocess,  and send the stdout of the gst-launch process to http clients.
It works great.

My problem is that an other process can continue write to same file and the
wav file continue "grow".
So I lost the latest data.

I look for a solution with gst-launch or by code to continue the read and
convert the file.

gst-launch used as first step( POC) of my project and learning the base
foundation of gstreamer.

Thank for your help

2013/7/10 Tim-Philipp Müller <t.i.m at zen.co.uk>

> On Wed, 2013-07-10 at 11:52 +0200, Vassili Gontcharov wrote:
>
> Hi Vassili,
>
> > I start a little project for a POC with python and gstreamer.
> > It works well and I can stream http with using gst-launch in this
> > moment.
> > My question is how I can dial with grow files ?
> > Sorry for newbie question
>
> I'm not sure I understand the question. What do you want to do exactly?
> Could you elaborate? What are "grow files" ?
>
> Cheers
>  -Tim

Vassili Gontcharov