Gstreamer Android issue in ics and gingerbread.

Aditya Kamath aditya.kamath at graymatrix.com
Sun Jul 14 23:15:19 PDT 2013

I have successfully integrated the Gstreamer in Android. I am trying to play
a m3u8 file(http live streaming) in it using plugins mpeg2dec mpegdemux2
mpegtsdemux faad and mpegtsmux in the Android.mk. I am using the tutorial 5
(a basic media player) example for the same.The tutorial 5 example runs
successfully in Jelly Bean. But the same build crashes on ICS with Exception
Initialization error. In gingerbread the video buffers up successfully but
doesn't play.I get a message stating 'could not cache the first fragments'.
Can anyone please shed some light on this. Thanks in advance.