udpsink max packet error

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sat Jul 20 07:50:10 PDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-07-20 at 06:51 -0700, Baby Octopus wrote:

Hi,

> Thanks. I did try with alignment=7 but doesn't seem to help. gst_pad_push()
> call happens once a frame, so the data going to udpsink is always one frame
> worth of PES data. If i add rtpmp2tpay after mpegts, I see gst_pad_push()
> being called more often. Is this a bug in mpegtsmux then?

It seems alignment does really only align :)

So maybe this helps then:

 ! .. mpegtsmux alignment=7 ! rndbuffersize max=1316 min=1316 ! .

though a new property for this on mpegtsmux would also be in order IMHO
(unless we can figure out a way to cleverly negotiate this with
udpsink).

> Can't this be handled in udpsink by setting some buffer size?

Nope.

Cheers
 -Tim