Serious problems with rtsp-server

dexter.metzger dexter.metzger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 12:05:46 PDT 2013

Tim-Philipp Müller-2 wrote
> Does
>
>  gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc ! x264enc ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 !
> fakesink
>
> work?

Once I installed the plugins-ugly package, this command worked, as well as
my test application.

However, I don't have the plugins-ugly package available to me under CentOS5
(so there's no x264 encoder). Is there another pipeline I could use? I had
tried

videotestsrc ! rtpvrawpay

but that didn't work (and to my dismay, it didn't work in my ubuntu
installation either). Is there another pipeline you're aware of that would
only make use of elements in the base/good plugin packages?