MJPEG streaming error

SergioBasurco chuckleplant90 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 08:58:48 PDT 2013

Thank you very much. I will get my hands on using those. Nevertheless, I am
using OpenFrameworks and it was specially difficult to set up the current
gstreamer version I'm using for it to work.

Do you know if there are other mjpeg decoders that I can try? Both
ffdec_mjpeg and jpegdec make my application crash. I've put an appsink
max_buffers=2 drop=true. So I don't think that is the problem.

PS:
I would switch to H264, but it also has decoding issues. In the case of h264
it's harder to track the problem, because autovideosink works well. But
using appsink I get the following:
0:00:29.677697000  6876   023B96F8 ERROR                 ffmpeg .:0::
illegal short term buffer state detected