Raw data / audioparse sounds different on replay

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sat Jun 1 10:54:13 PDT 2013

On 05/30/2013 11:56 PM, Oly wrote:
> I have bee experimenting with gstreamer, mainly looking at ways to
> speed up audio mixing.
>
> I have created this pipeline filesrc > wavparse > filesink which
> creates a file now i am trying to play the file using filesrc >
> audioparse > alsasink.
the first pipeline creates a raw audio file without and metadata. Thus
you need to check the negotiated caps (e.g. signed-16bit, 1 channel,
48khz) and use a caps filter on the 2nd pipeline after filesrc to add
the format info again.

> The problem is the ouput sound is a beep and not the original sound,
> if i parse the first pipline to alsasink it plays fine however, what
> am i missing ?
if you give some more context we might be able to suggest you
alternative approaches.

Stefan