1080i live input transcode issue

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Jun 4 09:23:35 PDT 2013

Le mardi 04 juin 2013 à 08:37 -0700, JasonP a écrit :
> gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=<input port> ! decodebin ! deinterlace
> mode=0
> fields=1 method=4 tff=0 ! videobox ! videoconvert ! videoscale !
> x264enc !
> mpegtsmux ! filesink location=file.ts

I would focus on zero lantency encoding to start with. You can try with
x264enc tune=zero-latency . It is most likely that current pipeline runs
slower then real time, which may cause packet loss. UDP miss-ordering
could also become an issue with such a pipeline. If RAM is not an issue,
you can add a queue.

If you're pipeline is really too slow and you only need to crop, use
videocrop top=-1 buttom=-1 right=-1 left=-1 instead of videobox, it's
less expensive.

good luck,
Nicolas