1080i live input transcode issue

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 08:52:54 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 3:30 AM, JasonP <raju.babannavar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Stirling,
>
> Thank you for your reply. I am using gstreamer 1.0.4 version. As you
> suggested I removed "videobox" and re-run the same experiment, but it
> didn't
> change the results. I am wondering how does encoder component in the
> pipeline will affect the decoder buffer?? Can you help to understand this?
> Because if I run the same pipeline by just removing the encoder, the
> results
> are perfectly fine. I dont see any issues in the tapped yuv and the
> filesink
> output.

I think you'll find that the encoder DOESN'T directly affect the decoder
buffer. However, adding an encoder to the pipeline will change the
negotiated caps for the entire pipeline, and it sounds like one of your
elements has a bug so that it accepts some negotiated caps, but then fails
to correctly render using them.

I would run both pipelines (with and without encoder) with the -v option to
gst-launch to see what caps are being negotiated. I would then try to add a
capsfilter so to force the negotiations with the encoder to end up being
the same as without. With any luck, this will avoid the bug you are hitting.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.