Raw data / audioparse sounds different on replay

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Jun 6 07:27:26 PDT 2013

On 06/05/2013 09:29 PM, Oly wrote:
> Thanksvfor the suggestions Stefan, i have been playing around with
> caps and pads but not getting very far, thought I would post the older
> working but incorrectly versions here.
>
> http://pastebin.com/Wm3QqV5m
> http://pastebin.com/5jC02KRp
>
> first is the write raw data file the second is the read, my
> understanding is i need to create a caps and pad it to the pipeline,
> then the read should play it correctly.
You can use -v on gst-launch to see the caps that it when decoding:
 gst-launch-1.0 2 -v filesrc location=/path/to/file.wav ! wavparse !
fakesink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstWavParse:wavparse0.GstPad:src: caps =
audio/x-raw, format=(string)S16LE, layout=(string)interleaved,
channels=(int)2, channel-mask=(bitmask)0x0000000000000003, rate=(int)44100
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFakeSink:fakesink0.GstPad:sink: caps =