i686-w64-mingw32-g++ failing in Cerbero

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Thu Jun 6 10:33:31 PDT 2013

IT WORKED!  Well, cerbero managed to complete on Win 7!

A couple of points for the next poor soul who ignores the "Abandon Hope All
Ye Who Enter Here" sign:

1.  Windows may have a %HOME% system  environment variable defined.  XP and
Win7 both did.  As far as I can tell, it servers no purpose.  Delete it
before installing MinGW.

2. When you install Win7 it asks for your FUll Name.  This full name gets
used for your userid.  So, stupid me, I ended up with my user name = "Wesley
Miller".  Has a SPACE in it!  MinGW/MSYS do not like spaces!.  Be sure to
put in an underscore or dash or whatever is reasonable.  (*, /, \, >, <,
etc. are probably bad choices).  Rule: NO SPACES in your Full Name.

If you already are stuck with a space in your userid, live with it.  The
instructions from MS on how to fix that D NOT WORK. Instead, log in as an
admin and create a new ID just for building Gstreamer.  I named mine
"gstreamer".  NO SPACES!  Be sure to delete any %HOME% environment variable.
Making a new Id might pick up trash from your userid-with-a-space-in-it.

Good luck to all and prayers for more luck for me!   Off to build rtmpsrc!

Wes