Capturing jpegs from an h264 stream

Alex Hewson mock at mocko.org.uk
Fri Jun 7 01:40:09 PDT 2013

Hi Tim,

Thanks.  Given this a try.

On 07/06/2013 09:30, Tim-Philipp Müller wrote:

> You can ignore those sticky event warnings.
>
> It would be good if you could pass -v to gst-launch-1.0 and show us the
> output of that as well.

I've done this.  Output on pastebin to avoid spamming the list.

With the capssetter:  http://pastebin.com/pd5tUH2Y
Without it: http://pastebin.com/5Bd6G9cL

> And I didn't notice the replace=true on the capssetter before. If that
> actually replaces the caps fully, then you're replacing them with
> incomplete caps, which will definitely result in a not-negotiated.
> I don't understand what your purpose with that capssetter is. The
> framerate in the caps is purely informational, it won't affect anything,
> only timestamps on buffers matter for videorate as input.
My idea with the capssetter was that if the stream was coming in without
timestamp/framerate information it might add framerate data to the
stream.   I've tried without but with no difference in result.

--
Alex Hewson
m: +44 7895 265219 | e: mock at mocko.org.uk | Skype: alex.hewson