Setting a writeable flag for the appsink blocksize property

George Demetriades gdemetriades at friendmts.co.uk
Fri Jun 7 05:04:11 PDT 2013

Hi Tim, thanks for your quick response.

I'm not actually using the appsrc element; instead, I'm using a udpsrc
which is then decoded. The idea is to pull whole raw frames out of the
gstreamer pipeline via the appsink element which I then process myself. The
problem is that setting the blocksize element doesn't affect the size of
the buffer I receive in my callback function used when when the
"new-buffer" signal is emitted.

I'm not sure how to control the size of the buffer passed through to the
appsink though, and that is where the problem lies.

Thanks,
George