How to send EOS from within source?!

Tim Aerts tim.koder at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 04:26:48 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm getting pretty desperate at the moment. So I really need you guys' help.

I have create a source plugin. It works fine. But I don't know how to tell
the application that there is no more data. Right now, I am using
gst_element_post_message(), but that doesn't seem to do anything.

I read that the EOS is only passed from the pipeline to the app when the
last sink posts an EOS. But how do I control that? I am not making a sink,
I'm making a source.

Also, I read that I should "just return GST_FLOW_EOS". I get that, but I am
deriving from GstAudioSrc. Which is derived from GstBaseAudioSrc, and even
that one doesn't ever send GST_FLOW_EOS!? So how can I?

I need to tell you that I am running 0.10 for now. I cannot upgrade (for
now). I need it to work with 0.10.

I have looked at other source implementations, but none of those seem to
have been derived from GstAudioSrc. Mine is. I have a deadline by the end
of this week. It's looking very bad for the moment...  :s

Thanks in advance!

Koder