Cerbero Follow Up

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 02:29:02 PDT 2013

2013/6/13 Wes Miller <wmiller at sdr.com>

> Just some simple follow up questions.
>
> What do I "build" or "package" to (re)generate the set of msi's?   Or maybe
> a subset msi?

    I have used VS to make MSIs  to package the MSMs from this package:
>          "cerbero package files_plugins_codecs_restricted 2>&1 | tee
> build.log"

In cerbero you can define several kind of packages (take a look at
cerbero/packages/package.py):
  * Package: creates a Merge Module in windows (.msm)
  * SdkPackage: group of Package merging Merge Modules into an Installer
(.msi)
  * InstallerPackage: Similar to SdkPackage except that it only install
Merge Modules to extend a current installation. (.msi)
  * App: creates an Installer for applications.

Calling "cerbero package base-system" will  create a merge module for the
package base-system.
Calling "cerbero package gstreamer-sdk" will package all the Package
included in this SdkPackage and create an Installer.

Merge Modules are useful to embed GStreamer into your application's
installer in case you use VS. There is an explanation of the different
deployment strategies here:
http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Deploying+your+application

> How do I get the 1.0 msi's?  It sure looks like the 1.0 code got built!
>
>     Guess I could do the same trick as above.  I just need to find the set
> of 1.0 MSMs.
>
> And what is the correct install path for the MSIs?
> "c:\gstreamer-sdk\0.10\x86"?

The default installation path is set by the variable install_dir (check
packages/gstreamer-sdk/gstreamer-sdk.package).
For windows it's set to "gstreamer-sdk", which translates to
c:\gstreamer-sdk\<api_version>\<arch>

>     Using c:\program files\default company name\Setup1"  is ugly though it
> does "work"
>     if I then copy the tree there into the c:\gstreamer-sdk\0.10\x86 path.

You can install it everywhere, it's completely relocatable provide you keep
the original tree structure.

Cheers,
Andoni

> --