Embedding vorbis tags to stream already connected via shout2send

marcin at saepia.net marcin at saepia.net
Wed Jun 19 14:51:10 PDT 2013

Hi,

is there any way to change vorbis tags in stream that is already delivered
to icecast server via shout2send?

I've checked source code of shout2send and icecast way of updating metadata
(by adding special chunk with song title) is used only for MP3s.
Unfortunately, seems that if I use Ogg/Vorbis as file format, vorbisenc can
add valid metadata block only while connecting to the server, I am unable
to change such metadata later on.

My app builds a lot of dynamic elements with shout2send output so initially
it has no metadata at all, and they appear a bit later, and while MP3
stream embeds them correctly, I found no way to achieve the same with
Ogg/Vorbis.

Any thoughts?

m.