Hardware decoding on android using GStreamer

yusuf.husainy yusuf.husainy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 13:31:46 PDT 2013

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using an h264parse element at the transmitter, which is capturing
H264frames from C920. So, the H264 bitstream is already split up into
logical units, this would mean that there wouldn't be a requirement of
h264parse at the receiver also, right?, I mean I don't know, should I be
using it?

Also, in the /etc/media-codec.xml file, it states that the type of the media
stream is video/avc, however, the video stream I have shows, it is
video/x-h264, should this be an issue I should be looking at?

Also, the receiver pipeline works fine if used on a Linux Desktop PC,
without a h264parse element.

Regards,
Yusuf Husainy.