Element pad implementation and property flag use

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Jun 25 08:59:59 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 15:52 +0100, George Demetriades wrote:

Hi,

> Would anyone be able to explain (or point me to a good description of)
> how each of these features can be accessed?
>

> To further illustrate my question, I'll copy/paste the sections I'm
> referring to on a section of the output information on the "queue"
> element:
>

> Pads:
>   SRC: 'src'
>     Implementation:
>       Has custom eventfunc(): gst_queue_handle_src_event
>       Has custom queryfunc(): gst_queue_handle_src_query
>       Has custom iterintlinkfunc():
> gst_pad_iterate_internal_links_default
>       Has getcapsfunc(): gst_queue_getcaps
>       Has acceptcapsfunc(): gst_queue_acceptcaps
>     Pad Template: 'src'
>

> In this case, how would I use each of the custom functions?

These can't be "accessed". It's just the names of the functions the
element uses internally. I'm not really sure why that stuff is printed
at all in gst-inspect, I don't think it's particularly useful.

> max-size-buffers    : Max. number of buffers in the queue (0=disable)
>                         flags: readable,
> writable
>

> And for this, how would I change the readable/writable flag for the
> property?

Why would you? The queue element decides that. If you are writing your
own element, you can change this when you create the GParamSpec for the
property in your class_init function.

Cheers
 -Tim