Gstreamer with openCV plugins

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Wed Jun 26 11:00:55 PDT 2013

The ubuntu repo should have most/all of the GStreamer packages. Use apt-get
--help to get the commands to list the available gstreamer\* packages, then
install them. It is possible that some of the packages will not be
available in the repo. If not, google them because they are available for
your OS. You really don't want to build from source. Google something like
'gstreamer plugins bad ubuntu 12.04' or 'gstreamer plugins ugly ubuntu
12.04' if these are missing. All of the rest (and maybe also these) should
be in the repo.