How to create a new plugin for Android.

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sun Jun 30 11:18:27 PDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-06-30 at 21:16 +0800, Haiming Wang wrote:

Hi,

>    Can anyone tell me  the brief procedure about how to write a plugin
> for android? How the environment should be?  Or at least, if I write a
> plugin on PC, how should I build the .so for android ?

I realise I'm not really answering your question at all, but just so you
know: you don't have to write a plugin as a separate .so file, if it's
specific to your application you can just keep it as a 'static plugin'
as part of your application binary, see

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstPlugin.html#gst-plugin-register-static

Cheers
 -Tim