gst-vaapi and opengl again

Jorge jorgefm at cirsa.com
Tue Mar 5 05:23:38 PST 2013

Hi all, this is my first message in this list!

I've been reading some post about rendering video in opengl but I can get
some code working. I can use the gst-vaapi plugin to play a video using the
next pipeline

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=<file to play> ! qtdemux ! vaapidecode !
vaapisink

I would like to embedded a video playing in my opengl application. This
application is already working and the painting process is done. The only
way I can see this working is let the gstreamer render the video playing in
a texture and my application painting this texture.

I've read solutions using clutter but it could be done only with gstreamer
libs? Is there a minimal player in source code to grasp the idea?

Any hint is welcome!
Thanks!
jorge