videoscale parameters for good text resizing?

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Wed May 1 14:39:33 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Tim-Philipp Müller <t.i.m at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-04-29 at 16:39 -0400, Stirling Westrup wrote:
>
> > Turns out its a bug in videobox. :-(
>
> Which version?

1.03 through 1.06, at least.

> > When you ask videobox to crop YUV2 video, its does a really lousy job.
> > videocrop, given the exact same parameters does a MUCH nicer job.
>
> Any chance you could create an example pipeline using videotestsrc?
>
> Should be easy to fix..

Yup. Writing up the bug is next on my to-do list. I'll try to handle it
tomorrow morning. Probably won't be using videotestsrc but something like
pango that renders text, as video looks just fine. Its when you have a
screen of text that you see a major difference.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.