Diagnosing Frame Sync Issues?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.co.uk
Mon May 13 13:45:34 PDT 2013

Le lundi 13 mai 2013 à 15:13 -0400, Stirling Westrup a écrit :

> So far the only code in GStreamer that tries to maintain sync is that
> in the queue that handles each output monitor. The assumption made was
> that that would be sufficient. I could (with a lot of rewriting)
> replace all N output queues with a single N-way multiqueue, but I'm
> unsure that such a move is actually necessary.

This is an interesting case, I'm totally new to zero-client, but what
type of video sink element is being used ? How does zero-client displays
report their latency ? In optimal condition, you would have a video sink
that is aware of the screen latency and potentially having this latency
sufficient to accept a certain jitter caused by the host machine having
such a high load. If you want to keep latency low, the answer might rely
in using real time scheduling for the threads that sends frames to the
displays. In any case, trying to increase buffer size after the decoders
is to be tested.

regards,
Nicolas