Problem with using shmsink/shmsrc

shiva.mudugal shiva.mudugal at gmail.com
Tue May 14 22:00:19 PDT 2013

Hi,

can you please let me know how you got this working. Am also trying to do
something similar to what you have done.

I used "filesrc" to feed shmsink and and on the other hand I used shmsrc to
read from shared memory. On the receiving side pipeline is not getting
propelled it self. Below are the pipelines I used.

sending side:

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=~/Downloads/test_cases/output_file.ts  !
typefind   ! shmsink socket-path=/tmp/feed-control-pipe shm-size=10000000
wait-for-connection=1 -v
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstTypeFindElement:typefindelement0.GstPad:src: caps
= video/mpegts, systemstream=(boolean)true, packetsize=(int)188
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstShmSink:shmsink0.GstPad:sink: caps = video/mpegts,
systemstream=(boolean)true, packetsize=(int)188
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock

Receiving side:
gst-launch-0.10 shmsrc socket-path=/tmp/feed-control-pipe ! video/mpegts,
systemstream=true, packetsize=188 ! decodebin2 ! queue ! autovideosink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...

Once this works I am planning to use shmpipe.c in my custom application to
feed Gstreamer shmsrc.
Any help?

-Shiva