gst_element_query_duration() fails in pre-rolled partial pipeline

Paddy pat.blanchon at gmail.com
Mon May 20 04:57:53 PDT 2013

I have a gstreamer 0.10 bin that looks like this:
     filesrc --> decodebin2 --> [ghostpad]

Essentially I:
- create it
- lock its state with gst_element_set_locked_state()
- set the filesrc location
- add it to the pipeline
- set the bin state to paused (& wait for it to complete)
- in the pad added handler I create, link & block the ghostpads
- in the blocked callback I query the duration if the no-more-pads callback
has been invoked
OR
- in the no-more-pads callback I query the duration if the blocked callback
has been invoked

The no-more-pads happens before the blocked callback in every test run so
far.

As far as I can tell I'm following the instructions in part-block.txt but
I'm getting a failure from querying the duration.

What am I doing wrong ??

Cheers Paddy