Documentation for GST_IS_ELEMENT

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Mon May 20 10:00:50 PDT 2013

Sorry for the long delay in responding, I've been away and swamped with other
stuff.

Your note is what I feared, GST_IS_ELEMENT( bad_ptr ) crashes.  I am
catching those critical errors/warnings and not crashing my app, but I have
not quite gotten the
answer to why, though I have a pretty good idea and have a plan to rewrite
my use of GMainLoop() into a

while(true)
   { sleep 1;
      do_whatever();
      if (soemflag) handle_elements and pipes();
    }

So I have a better place to control my element handling.  SHould free me
from mangled refs if that's what I'm doing.

Thanks to you and everyone else for the help.

Wes