appsink to appscr mixes up color channels

Richard Cagley rcagley at gmail.com
Sat May 25 15:49:27 PDT 2013

I have an app where I'm sourcing data from appsink, modifying the data, and
then sending it onto appsrc.

However, for now I'm just using gst_app_sink_pull and gst_app_src_push to
hand off the buffers.

My problem is that the color channels appear to be getting mixed up.

The data coming from appsink looks like ARBG
and the data seems to be interpreted by appsrc as BGRA

I'm using videotestsrc and ximagesink and changing the patterns on
videotestsrc and looking at the output. I also have some print statements
to read the raw data pointers.

What would cause this? I'm setting the caps like this...

caps = gst_caps_new_simple ("video/x-raw-rgb",
          "format", G_TYPE_STRING, "RGB",
          "width", G_TYPE_INT, 640,
          "height", G_TYPE_INT, 480,
          "framerate", GST_TYPE_FRACTION, 30000, 1001,
          NULL);
  gst_app_sink_set_caps( (GstAppSink*)
gst_bin_get_by_name(GST_BIN(pipelineIn),app_sink_name) , caps);
  gst_app_src_set_caps( (GstAppSrc*)
gst_bin_get_by_name(GST_BIN(pipelineOut),app_src_name) , caps);