matroskamux h264 stripping pps and sps??

Ingo Lütkebohle iluetkeb at gmail.com
Mon May 27 01:57:35 PDT 2013

Hi,

I just got a few H264 video files, which were created from an rtsp-pipeline
and muxed using matroskamux, all in gstreamer 0.10, which were missing the
SPS and PPS NALs.

Apparently, the information in these headers is supposed to be stored in
the matroska codecprivate track field, but due to the recording being
aborted prematurely using SIGKILL, this did not happen.

My question is: Why remove these packets in the first place? They should
not hurt, and would add a bit more resilience if kept. They could still be
added to the matroska header.

cheers,

--
Ingo Lütkebohle
Bielefeld University

PGP Fingerprint 3187 4DEC 47E6 1B1E 6F4F  57D4 CD90 C164 34AD CE5B