Cerbero on XP

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Wed May 29 09:31:34 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Wes Miller <wmiller at sdr.com> wrote:

> I got to a point where the following appeared.  How should I proceed?
> (answering yes failed even after I closed all other windows pointing inside
> the cerbero directories.)

You must run cerbero in the MinGW shell, and thus use MinGW style paths.
The problem here is that 'git clone c://cerbero...' is seeing 'c://' as a
protocol like http or git, and  can't find a remote helper that supports
the 'c' protocol. You need to use paths like '/c/cerbero/sources', but I'm
not sure how that got messed up.

> I also realize, I ran cerbero in the /~/Downloads/cerbero/cerbero/utils/.
> Make any difference?

The way I've done it is to be in the top level cerbero directory and just
run './cerbero-uninstalled build gstreamer'.

If you follow the instructions exactly you shouldn't have any problems.

-Josh