Convert terminated stream to MP4

Jan Stevens janstevens007 at gmail.com
Thu May 30 00:26:16 PDT 2013

Hello,

I was using a screen capturing program called Kazam which captures my
screen on Linux. It uses gstreamer to save the video. My computer crashed
and now I'm left over with a .movie and .mux file that I canno't play or
use. I recorded a one time event and really need this video feed.

I know the video results should be an MP4, I tried the following command.

gst-launch filesrc location=kazam_5bcdqb.movie.mux ! mp4mux name=mux !
filesink location=movie.mp4

With result:
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstMP4Mux:mux: Internal
GStreamer error: negotiation problem.  Please file a bug at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer.
Additional debug info:
gstqtmux.c(2496): gst_qt_mux_add_buffer ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstMP4Mux:mux:
format wasn't negotiated before buffer flow on pad audio_00
Execution ended after 183817 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

So my question is how can I convert this ".mux" file to mp4? I already
contacted the original author of Kazam he send me here. (There is also a
question on:
http://superuser.com/questions/601285/convert-stream-file-mux-to-mp4-gstreamer
 )

Kind Regards,