Network streaming

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Thu May 30 11:07:56 PDT 2013

A few things.

First, learn about logging. Here is a reference pointer since you are using
0.10. http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/0.10.30/

Another link
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/faq/html/chapter-troubleshooting.html

More on logging:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstInfo.html

On the server, you don't want to 'decode'; you want to 'encode'. Use
'encodebin' (I think this is the one). You should probably use 'decodebin'
on the client.

You may have a problem with the IP Addresses. Search the archives for info
about IPv4 vs. IPv6 issues. One (either udpsink or udpsrc) uses IPv4 by
default, the other uses IPv6 by default.

There are *LOTS* of examples available, both on the GStreamer site and
hundreds of other sites. Read all you can.