How to implement transitions in gstreamer-0.10?

Lautaro Woites lauchapc87 at gmail.com
Fri May 31 08:57:37 PDT 2013

Dismiss the previous mail, it was sent by mistake.

I have a pipeline like this :

smpte name=s duration=2000000000
videotestsrc pattern=1 ! s.sink1 videotestsrc pattern=2 ! s.sink2  s. !
ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink

I'm unlinking one videotestsrc and linking a new one dinamically to the
smpte (by gst-python).
I want to show a transition between the two videos but the transition
occurs at the start of the pipeline, and then when I link a new video src
to smpte it shows an entirely white screen.

Is it possible to use smpte to show transitions between videos? If it is,
What am I  doing wrong?
I read about gnonlin, is it the best alternative? Does exist another
alternative?

Thanks in advance and  sorry again